Friday, April 24, 2009

Thoughts after my day

OK.. Well today I sat from 9-6:30ish listening about 10 different kiddos situations. As I thought about my day and all I heard I question can we really help these kids? Are we really helping the situation or just delaying the inevitable? I know circumstances where we get outcomes that we call successful but could those kiddos have made it without CPS intervention anyway? Sometimes I feel like we are nothing more then abunch of Talking Heads analyzing the childs life.. watching from a far picking apart at the alien. Some kids break my heart.. We as adults see this potential, see this kid as an awesome leader or has something to offer this world but with all they have been through in there life they just can't see it for themselves. How many of our homeless, criminals, drug addicts, alcholics, and on and on really were these kids who have all this potential all to offer the world but they themselves can never see it. Unfortunately we can not save them all, there will always be homeless, criminals, drug addicts, alcholics, and on and on and some of which are tomorrows (list above) the very kids in foster care today. Sometimes is seems futile, sometimes it seems like we are spinning our wheels.. but then there is one or two who surprise us all and become or future nurses, doctors, child care workers, lawyers that have been to the bottom early in life and dug themselves out to change this world. THOSE ARE MY HEROS!! Those are the people who I admire most and I am thankful that through all the darkness that can surround my job there is hope and light. This is my prayer, for all the kids in foster care who everyone has let down, who has been thrown away from placement to placement, I pray for peace in your spirit, I pray for you to see your worth and to know that someone behind the scenes thinks you can do this, that you can make it and that your opinion is worth while!! I pray for you to find that thing that everyone is lookng for, your purpose, your place on this earth. We all have a place and a mission.. I pray you find yours! Mine is to pray for you and hope that I get a minute at least to let you know how important you are in this world!! Please keep fighting and know the harder things are in life the more you appreciate things and can give back. You are loved by the nameless, faceless people who make it their lifes work to care for you behind the scenes. GOD BLESS!!

No comments: